Friday, February 22, 2008

News From Country Cookin' Mollie Bryan

Hello Friends!

I'll be leading a workshop at Stone Soup Books in Waynesboro on March 15, 10-11 (or so). the focus of the workshop is "Writing Memoir, Essays, and Columns, " which is kind of a lot to cover in an hour or hour and a half . ;-) But I think it should be fun. I hope to give participants some unique and fun writing exercises. If you have writing to share, please bring it along. This workshop is completely free of charge and will be lighthearted. I hope to see some of you there.

On other news, my contract for the second Mrs. Rowe book was held up because I asked for some changes, but it is on the way (or so I am told). The MRS. ROWE'S LITTLE BOOK OF SOUTHERN PIE is due in July. But I want to have most of it done before the girls are out of school. We have a tester on board and things are rolling right along. (The tester, Kate Antea, is a pastry "cook" and a dear friend of mine that lives in Colorado.)

I am exploring another Virginia food book, which would have even more history in it than the Rowe book. More on that when things finalize.

In the meantime, the spring issue of Grit will have a pie article I've written for them--the photos of the pie are beautiful. I wrote that article months ago! And to all the Virginians on the list, Virginia Living's April issue will publish the Mary Johnston piece that I wrote well over a year ago.

Cheers,
Mollie
--
Mrs. Rowe's Restaurant Cookbook: A Lifetime of Recipes from the Shenandoah Valley
A Narrative Cookbook

My website: molliebryan.typepad.com
--
[Pie tester! Now THERE's a job my guidance counselor never told me about! --Janis]

No comments: