I'd like to invite you all to come on over to a grog (group blog) that I am thrilled to be a part of, The Debutante Ball.
The Debutante Ball was founded last year by Kristy Kiernan along with five other authors who were launching debut novels in 2007. It was a wonderful chance to bond with authors at similar points in their careers, and provide an opportunity for readers to become acquainted with books they might find enjoyable.
Last year's authors--Kristy Kiernan, Mia King, Tish Cohen, Jennifer McMahon, Eileen Cook and Anna David--turn over the reins this week, with Eileen Cook being the one carry-over author, as her debut date has been pushed back.
This year's authors, whose books will debut in 2008, are:
- Danielle Younge-Ullman (FALLING UNDER)
- Jess Riley (RIDING WITH LARRY RESNICK), Lisa Daily (FIFTEEN MINUTES OF SHAME)
- Jenny Gardiner (SLEEPING WITH WARD CLEAVER)
- Gail Konop Baker (CANCER IS A BITCH: Reflections on Midlife, Mortality, Motherhood and Marriage)
- Eileen Cook (UNPREDICTABLE).